Google's Play store requirement for Target API Level will impact app's -
1) Ability to publish and 2) Visibility of app on store
* This requirement apply to new installations only.
* Users who have already installed the app will not face any problem
* No problem for Apps distributed as private internal distribution
Need to update various configuration in project files such as AndroidManifest.xml, Gradle, build.gradle, gradle.properties
Some 3rd party libs may need to updated to its latest versions. Some examples -
* FirebaseMessaging : API is changed so need code changes
* Source code needs update to request for runtime permission
* Remove use of non-SDK interfaces if used
Note : This it is provided just to give you high level idea about changes required.
You can find list of devices running on Android-13 here.
Please refer to this page on statista to get latest details of market share of various android versions.
Yes ReactNative applications will also need to comply to this requirement.
Apart from generic steps provided above, RN app may need additional steps.
Absolutely not, its just a generic list of task provided to give you high level idea.
The changes required for each project will varies based on the functionality provided and use of 3rd party libs. Please contact us in case you need more details.